Luckily, there's a new kid on the block, who's about to make eating gluten and dairy free a whole lot easier and convenient: Order Up. Serving both Baltimore and its northern suburb of Towson, this innovative company's goal is to revolutionize the food delivery experience. Sold at the prospect of gluten-free delivery service, I quickly raised my hand to be an early adopter.
Although I identify with Baltimore, I technically live in the Towson area, so I could not initially use to service because it was restricted to Baltimore. Luckily, Towson service was added early this month, and I finally had my chance. In scanning through the 30+ restaurants that initially came online, I was pleased to see many familiar names of restaurants I've visited before, as well as several new-to-me options with dedicated gluten-free menus. This list was last updated 2/17/15.
- Towson Hot Bagel: gluten-free bagels available (my review here)
- 7 West Bistro: a blend of Mediterranean and American favorites featuring appetizers, salads, soups, and entrees
- Egyptian Pizza: gluten-free pizza crusts and soya vegan cheeze available
- Seasons Pizza: gluten-free pizzas with two toppings included in the base price (My review here)
- Nalley Fresh Towson: fresh, seasonal salads, wraps, and bowls with vegan and gluten-free options
- Towson Tavern: seasonally-based menu featuring soups, salads, appetizers and entrees
- Cheezy's Pizza: gluten-free pizza, pasta, breadsticks and cinnamon sticks (My review here)
- PF Changs: dedicated gluten-free menu features Chinese food
- Smoothie King
- Cafe Troia: gluten-free pasta
*Crossed-off restaurants were once featured, but are not currently available
With all of these delicious offerings, the natural next question is- How does the process work? The answer comes in the form of three simple steps: 1) Place order, 2) Watch delivery process in real time, and 3) Enjoy a great meal! It's that simple and easy.