Over the past few months, I’ve become very familiar with Orlando’s airport (airport code: MCO) thanks to out-of-state medical appointments, college-related travelling, and various conferences and other events that have necessitated air travel. For the most part, I rely on snacks and meals packed at home to sustain me from point A to point B, but inevitably, I have learned more about the airport’s offerings thanks to delayed plains, browsing while waiting, and mishaps such as leaving my food at home.
Though I cannot say I have tried all the various offerings at the airport, this post serves as a guide to your best bets when hunting down gluten or allergen safe eats on the go. Know of a great gluten-free option I’ve overlooked? Feel free to drop me a line via email, Facebook, twitter or comment below!
McCoy’s Bar and Grill
- Shrimp Cocktail– locally caught shrimp with cocktail sauce
- Lemon Hummus– served with GF multigrain chips
- Fresh Avocado– salad featuring chicken salad, oranges, and greens
- Sashimi– chef’s choice of three varieties of sliced fish
- Rainbow Carpaccio– hamachi, salmon, octopus, pepper, citrus soy vinegar, olive oil
- House salad– topped with tomato, cucumber, carrot and lemon vinaigrette dressing
- Lentil Chili– served with multigrain and jalapeno chips
- Loch Durant Salmon Salad– roasted salmon, Dijon ginger glaze, spinach, avocado, tomato, citrus vinaigrette.
- Stuffed Jalapenos– filled with cream cheese and cheddar and wrapped with bacon and roasted with guacamole
- Shrimp Mojito– served with romaine lettuce, fresh oranges and mango, spiced pecans and “mojito” vinaigrette.
Other Airport Options (Main Terminal Level 3)
- Chick-fil-a (Food court): See food allergen information here.
- Starbucks (Terminal A side by TSA checkpoint for gates 60-129): Offers gluten free packaged snacks, baked goods, and drinks (bottled and freshly prepared).
- Chili’s Too (Located near TSA checkpoint for gates 1-59): See Chili’s allergen information for multiple allergens (including gluten and dairy) here.
- Hemisphere Steak and Seafood Restaurant (Located on Level 9 of the Hyatt Regency): Offers breakfast and dinner. Items marked with “GF” symbol for gluten-free options on their dinner menu only.
|Gluten-free chicken nuggets at Chick-fil-a.|
Other Airport Options (Terminals A and B)
- Au Bon Pain (Terminal A Gates 100-129): Gluten free baked goods, prepackaged snacks, and soups. See interactive allergen menu here. Offerings vary daily.
- Pinkberry (Terminal A Gates 100-129, Terminal B Gates 60-99): All frozen yogurt flavors gluten free (except mint chocolate cookie, cookies and cream, and chocolate chip cookie) but are not dairy free. Toppings gluten-free status varies. See full allergen information here.
- Starbucks (Terminal A Gates 100-129 and 1-29 and Terminal B gates 60-99): Bottled and prepared drinks, prepackaged snacks, and baked goods.
- CIBO Express Gourmet Market (Terminal A Gates 1-29 and Terminal B Gates 30-59 and 60-99): Assorted prepackaged drinks, snacks, fruit, and other options.
- On the Border Mexican Grill Cantina (Terminal A Gates 1-29): On the Border’s “gluten friendly” menu can be found here.
- Outback Steakhouse (Terminal B gates 60-99): Stand-alone gluten-free menu.
- Wendy’s (Terminal B gates 30-59): Has a “made without gluten” menu, found here.
- Nature’s Table (Terminal B Gates 30-59): Gluten-free options include the vegetarian rice bowl, soups (vegetarian chili and hearty vegetable), Fandangled salad, chicken salad, and others.
- Johnny River’s Grill and Market (Terminal A Gates 100-129): prepackaged snacks, drinks and fruit.
- Qdoba Mexican Grill (Terminal B Gates 30-59): See allergen information on each menu item here.
The Basics: McCoy’s Bar and Grill
Website: Their Website
Cuisine: Soups, salads, sushi, appetizers, seafood
Ideal For: Lunch, dinner
Price: Gluten free offerings range from $7.00-$17.95
Accessibility: The restaurant was wheelchair accessible.
Special Features: Open from 11:00am to 12:30pm every day.
Disclaimer: This review is based upon the information I have at the time of the review and does not reflect changes in ingredients or availability of items. Please contact the restaurant directly for up-to-date information and feel free to contact me with any questions or comments. I was not compensated for this review and it is a reflection of my personal opinion.